Get active and have some fun with our Marathon fun facts and activities
For the first time since 1981 there will be no London Marathon this Sunday so we’ve put together a marathon-themed activity sheet for you to do at home. You will be measuring time and distance, converting units and making predictions.
You will need:
- A stop clock/watch – you can use a phone
- Pen and paper to record times
- Water for refreshment
- Ribbon/string/paper for finish line
- Paper bib and pin/paperclip to pin it to a t-shirt – you can use our template or make your own.
- Medal – you can use our template, make your own or use a toy medal.
- Cheering spectators (optional – one will do and pets can join in!)
Photo: Ian Walton for Virgin Money London Marathon